Brass bound ladies travelling dressing table box, by Halstaff & Hannaford, London. The coromandel box with working Bramah lock with key. The compartmentalized interior of the box is also of very high quality. It is lined in velvet and embossed leather and has multiple hidden compartments.
William Halstaff started his business in 1825 at 68 Margaret Street, Cavendish Square, London, later moving it in 1838 to 228 Regent Street, London as Halstaff & Co.
In 1842, William Halstaff went into partnership with Thomas Charles Hannaford and the business became known as Halstaff & Hannaford. They mutually dissolved their partnership in 1858, however, the business continued trading under their name until 1898. In the same year, the business name was changed to Halstaff & Co, and it remained at the 228 Regents Street address until its final closure in 1908.
Height 8 Inches
Width 12.5 Inches
Depth 10 Inches