Arts and crafts dinner gong attributed to J. & F. Pool of Hayle the copper tapering frame with tulip decoration supporting original brass gong to centre, all raised up on stepped base
Founded by brothers James and Fredrick Pool, in 1862. This was based on their father, James ‘Tinman’ Pool’s company, founded in 1848 to produce plumbing services, tinware and tools for the local community and the Cornish mines.
Under J. and F. Pool’s ownership, the company engaged a London agent in 1909, and produced a new catalogue. The catalogue included illustrations of seventy three different types of product, including name plates, umbrella stands, log and coal boxes, fenders, fire screens, mirrors, clocks, trays, gongs, pipe racks and decorative plaques, each in a variety of designs, primarily decorated in the ‘Art Nouveau’ style.
Width 27.5 Inches
Depth 8.5 Inches